We try to canoe down the Current River before all the Summer vacationers come out but it just didn't work out this year.
It wasn't bad however! We chose a very warm day (94 degree high) but the river was up and not crowded at all.
We have a routine that we follow very closely:
1. Meet at NWS office at 7 AM and load our stuff into one vehicle (We are generally late and Steve generally drives).
2. We stop for breakfast along the way. It is a 2.5 hour trip.
3. We are on the Jadwin bus and headed to our point of embarkation by 10 AM.
4. We float until approximately 4 PM making numerous gravel bar stops along the way.
5. We return to the rental place and shower
6. We stop for dinner at the Roadhouse in Salem.
Whoah! Strike item 6! The beer was flat, the food was horrible this time around and we all wound up with indigestion. We'll be looking for another eating establishment after this.
Still, the journey down the Current River is always a pleasurable experience. It is such a pleasant place and we look forward to the next outing with friends Steve and Barbara.